The Eclipse SM1 race / track day car is now available.
You can build one yourself or have one built for you.
The parts that are supplied by Eclipse Sportscars (see price list ).
- Recommended donor parts (see below).
- Off-the-shelf parts (list available).
- Bespoke parts (see below).
Parts Supplied by Eclipse Sportscars
The Eclipse SM1 utilises some donor car parts. These are:
- Lotus Elise S2 front uprights, including disc and brake caliper.
- Lotus Elise S1 gear lever assembly.
- Lotus Elise S1 steering column and column switchgear.
- Ford Duratec 2.0 litre engine, gearbox.
- Ford Mondeo fuel pump assembly, gear cables and 2 inner cv joints.
The builder will need to source standard off-the-shelf parts. Examples are:
- Wheels, tyres, shock absorbers
- Brakes, chains
- Bearings, ball-joints, fasteners
We can provide more information based on the parts we used to build the existing cars.
The builder will need to source or fabricate the following parts:
- Intake system
- Exhaust manifold and system
- Wiring harness
Whilst this is not a complex build it does require a certain level of mechanical competence. If you are interested in having a car built for you please contact us for more details.